Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Hunger Games series

The Hunger Games books:

* The Hunger Games                                    * Catching Fire
* Mockingjay



Blurb of the series:
The thrilling trilogy expertly described by Suzanne Collins. You enter a future world where every year two tributes from each district are thrown into an arena expected to fight to the death or get knocked out by other means. Only one can survive.


My review:   

The Hunger Games ~
5 of 5 stars false




Catching Fire ~
5 of 5 stars false




Mokingjay ~
5 of 5 stars false 



I've read this book after so much persuasion from my friends Cassandra and Anne Marie. But after reading it, I understand why they were so persistent. This series is now officially on my top list!!!!! I have to admit, Suzanne is a genius!! She made me LIVE the whole thing; I was thirsty when Katniss was, felt her burns; and even to the point that I kept looking behind my back afraid one of the tributes might come out (my mom was this close to call the psychiatrist)!!!! And the most thing that made me love this book even more is because I really felt that Katniss was the heroine, which I found really rare nowadays in books. In this book, Katniss is the one who saves and take care of the male protagonist, not the other way around. OOOOOOOh! but the end, THE END!!!!! I really wanted to throw the book because of her revelation about her true feeling for Peeta.

This book, took my emotions to the surface, I cried, kicked, screamed, held my breath, I laughed. Definitely a book for those looking for action, a little brotherly love and romantic love.


And then came Catching Fire, Times were getting harder for all districts with rebellion on the rise. I was thinking the rebellion is what would happen in this book. Boy was I wrong halfway through, a HUGE twist happens that I never ever saw coming. 

Bad part is that this book ends in a huge cliffhanger, but thank god I had Mokingjay already on the wait. Simply put, it wan an amazing finish to a wonderful series, thought the end kind of irked me. Because that was NOT the end I imagined for a character like Katniss, but oh well... It still stays a truly amazing series that you definitely give a go to.

A must read series, one that'll have your heart pumping and that will keep you on the edge of your seat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment