Saturday, October 15, 2011

The Iron Fey series

The Iron Fey books:

* The Iron King                                          * The Iron Daughter
* The Iron Queen                                       * The Iron Knight




Blurb of the series:
The Faery realms have always weathered the clash of Summer and Winter fey, the Seelie and Unseelie Courts. Now a new breed of faery has emerged to challenge both... to their peril. Forged by Man's insatiable pursuit of technological superiority, the terrifying Iron fey are massing...and the fate of all faeries hangs in the balance. The greatest weapon in this epic magical war? A half-human teenage girl.


My review:  
The Iron King ~
5 of 5 stars false




The Iron Daughter ~
5 of 5 stars false




The Iron Queen ~
5 of 5 stars false




The Iron Knight ~
5 of 5 stars false


You know what makes me love a book series so much? Ill tell you what: its when with each book you read, you feel like you’re growing up with it, how the tension builds up, how the plot thickens, how the characters develop and how the romance bloom even more. And that, my friends, is what’s happening to me with The Iron Fey Series.


I admit, the first book was awesome, loved Ash, loved the forbidden romance and all, and guilty as charged, I enjoyed Ash’s misery in the Iron Realm (I know! I’m a sadist!!!) So I found it very awesome and amazing, but after reading the second one, I was like *WTH! The first book is nothing compared to this masterpiece in my hand!* In this book, I loved how Ash’s and Meghan’s relationship seemed to flourish even more with all the obstacles, and I loved the thickness and the tension and the turn of the events. Ohhh! And the end!!!! Even thought it was kind of tragic, I loved it nonetheless.

Now to the third book, with this one, I was literally bouncing at the edge of my seat, or lets say my bed (especially since I got the E-ARC of Iron Knight) And I couldn’t put it down AT ALL!!! and I mean it,  I was sucked in the book and was LIVING in it, I never ever skipped even one word because I just couldn’t risk overlooking a detail or an emotion. I just had to live the whole thing!! There were some specific scenes that made me reaaaaaaally love this book even more; like for example Ash’s vow ( whooow, that was oooooone freaky name he had, but a beautiful one nonetheless) and the last night, with Ash, Meghan, Puck and Grim, in that beautiful peaceful friendly atmosphere. It was just so sweet :3 and can you believe it!!! I even started liking Queen Mab!!! I’m still stunned but that’s the truth. OHHHH! And the end again! (What is it with awesome authors and their freaking ends?!!!) It was very tragic, beautiful, annoying and amazing at the same time! hhh, they even did it! Well, Julie didn’t grace us with the details of course. It wouldn’t be a Young-Adult book but it was there at least. Alright, alright I have to stop there, Naughty Me is going out of control :P

As, for The Iron Knight, I was soooo freaking happy to get the E-ARC!! This book was captivating, a page-turner and a truly emotional ride!!! It was a great ending to a great story. And what made it even more great is the fact that it was from Ash's POV, that way, we were able to get to know him and understand him better. Through this spine-tingling adventure introduce us to new & old characters and some pretty good surprises as well.

So all I have left to say is : *IF YOU STILL DIDN'T READ THE SERIES, THEN YOU BETTER DO IT NOW!!!*



No comments:

Post a Comment