Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Review of Pushing The Limits by Katie McGarry

Blurb:
No one knows what happened the night Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to gossiped-about outsider with "freaky" scars on her arms. Even Echo can't remember the whole truth of that horrible night. All she knows is that she wants everything to go back to normal.But when Noah Hutchins, the smoking-hot, girl-using loner in the black leather jacket, explodes into her life with his tough attitude and surprising understanding, Echo's world shifts in ways she could never have imagined. They should have nothing in common. And with the secrets they both keep, being together is pretty much impossible.

Yet the crazy attraction between them refuses to go away. And Echo has to ask herself just how far they can push the limits and what she'll risk for the one guy who might teach her how to love again.



My review:  
5 of 5 stars false



WOW, just WOW!!!!! Pushing The Limits by Katie McGarry is now officially one of my top favorite contemporary books!! <3 <3 <3 Seriously, that books is just one big piece of awesomeness. Loved the topic, loved the characters, loved the writing style and every little detail about it. Like I said, one big piece of awesomeness ;)

First, let's start with the plot. Obviously, that was quite a tricky topic to choose. Abuse/murder-suicide or whatever you want to name it. Loved the way Katie handled the issue, because let's face it. It happens in real life, no matter how we want to ignore it. Loved the way Katie made us get sucked into the story and live every moment of it and feel every emotion felt by the characters. I cried, laughed, got pissed off until I wanted to smack somebody, or just want to get in there and have a group hug XD 

Then comes the characters, and trust me when I say there's all kinds of characters in this book.

Noah Hutchins: Ok, first of all, HANDS OFF GIRLS! He's mine! Mwahahaha. Ok now that that's out of the way, let me tell you a bit about this hot-steamy characters. Good-looking with dark eyes, shaggy brown hair and loooots of muscles . Definitely a train I would love to ride ;) But looks aside, he's definitely one of those fine characters, because behind that druggy bad-boy facade, there's a caring misunderstood boy whose only goal is to get his family back together.

Echo Emersons: Well, aside from the fact that I'm sooo jealous of her for getting Noah instead of me, I gotta say that girl deserves a lot of respect. Such a strong character, I could never imagine going through all that she had undergone and still have will to keep on living. Or at least I would spend all my time curled up in a corner rocking back and forth, but no Echo went to school and aced her exams and hell her SAT and ACT too and just kept trying. Definitely loved how her character developed throughout the book.

Mrs Collins: Miss clinical social worker. Man, that woman is relentless. But truly a great woman, hope the world had more people like her. So caring, and trying to do anything in her power to help our leads, and I gotta admit a bit freaky, I mean how the hell does she end up wherever Noah is when he's about to dig for trouble??? I'm telling you, freaky.

Aires: Ok ok, I know. He's a dead character, never showed up in the books. But trust me when I say that you won't feel that way when you read the book. But Katie -freaking amazing- McGarry makes you feel like you knew him your whole life. Makes you wish you had a big brother like him.

And there’s lots and lots of awesome characters to tell you about but if I start I won’t stop LOL

So guys, be sure to read this book. Because believe me, you’re missing one of the best reads you could get your hands on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment