Monday, September 3, 2012

Review of Girl Of Nightmares (Anna, #2) by Kendare Blake


Blurb:
It's been months since the ghost of Anna Korlov opened a door to Hell in her basement and disappeared into it, but ghost-hunter Cas Lowood can't move on. 

His friends remind him that Anna sacrificed herself so that Cas could live—not walk around half dead. He knows they're right, but in Cas's eyes, no living girl he meets can compare to the dead girl he fell in love with.


Now he's seeing Anna everywhere: sometimes when he's asleep and sometimes in waking nightmares. But something is very wrong...these aren't just daydreams. Anna seems tortured, torn apart in new and ever more gruesome ways every time she appears.


Cas doesn't know what happened to Anna when she disappeared into Hell, but he knows she doesn't deserve whatever is happening to her now. Anna saved Cas more than once, and it's time for him to return the favor.



My review:  
5 of 5 stars false




Man, I knew I shouldn't have read Girl Of Nightmares right after finishing Anna Dressed In Blood, but what could I have done? I couldn't stay like that without knowing what happened next especially since I already had the book. And although it made the nightmares worse, it sure was worth. Because Kendare Blake never disappoint. Girl Of Nightmares was even more intense and enticing than Anna Dressed In Blood, if that's even possible. The only thing that I felt like this book lacked was more Anna, but I guess it's understandable. 

Loved in this book how Cas was so dedicated to save Anna and was so loyal to her. Loved how Thomas showed that he was truly a friend you could depend on with whatever whenever you need him. Because he's just that good of a friend. And loved how Carmel, despite how all of that creeped her out and made her lead a double life, at the end she proved that her love for Thomas and her deep friendship with Cas weren't that easy to turn down. But man, Jestine just flat out annoyed me. I don't really know why, but I kinda hated her since the beginning. Though I admit she's not all that bad, but well those are my feelings. But at the end she proved herself to be a character worth liking and respecting.


And god that end, it killed me!! I supposed it could have been worse, but man I was really wishing for my version of their happy ending. But I gotta say, it was absolutely brilliant. There could never have been a better ending for such a great series. It was reasonable and logic and maybe it seem more realistic, well at least as far as a ghost story could go LOL Can't wait to read more of Kendare Blake. Now she's definitely one of my top favorite authors.



No comments:

Post a Comment