Monday, October 29, 2012

My rant about "Love Triangles"



Ok, I'm so fed up with this bullshit. Authors should really stop this nonsense!!! All this love-triangles and then killing off the third-wheel so the hero and the heroine live happily-ever-after is getting old and FREAKING IRRITATING!!!

I mean seriously, if you're going to make us love them and root for them only to kill them off at the end?? Then why don't you just knock off the triangle-shit and let them live. Ren from Nightshade series, Cal from Hex Hall series, there's a good chance it will be the same with Cassian in Firelight series, and Cassie Clare already said someone would die in Clockwork Princess so we just have to wait for March to know who's the lucky boy who get a ticket to the gallows.

And now I just can't take it anymore!!! It feels like I'm waiting for my execution or something. I know it sounds nerdy but I feel like they're killing off real people, and for all it's worth. It is!!!! We get to know them and live their lives and understand their motives and feel what they feel. Usually through 3 books, which means we live with them 3 freaking years only to have them killed as collateral damage. Seriously, WTH!!!

Sure love triangles add a spicier flavor to the romance and spikes the plot quite a few notches, but if this keeps up we’ll end up hating all books with this theme. You think I get happy when I see people trashing Nightshade series, of course not. But on the other hand, they have every right to.

Am I the only one with this problem, or do you agree with me guys??

No comments:

Post a Comment