Saturday, January 5, 2013

Review of Reason to Breathe by Rebecca Donovan


Blurb:
"No one tried to get involved with me, and I kept to myself. This was the place where everything was supposed to be safe and easy. How could Evan Mathews unravel my constant universe in just one day?"

He knows there’s something more to the girl sitting in the back of the class the moment he sees her. She’s beautiful, intelligent, and athletic – but she slips quietly through the crowded halls, trying not to exist. Determined to get to know the elusive girl, Evan soon discovers…

Emma Thomas is hiding a terrible secret. 

Reason to Breathe is an electrifying page turner from start to finish, a unique tale of life-changing love, unspeakable cruelty, and one girl’s fragile grasp of hope.


My review:  
5 of 5 stars false


EPIC!!!!! Yes that's the word I'm describing this book with. Because with no suspect, it's one of the most epic contemporary books I had the pleasure to read so far. Rebecca Donovan absolutely outdid herself with this masterpiece. And now I'm starting to regret why I didn't vote for her on Goodreads Choise Awards, but to my defense it had been pretty hot in that category.

So back to Reason To Breath, trying to describe this book in a few words is obviously futile because no amount of words can do it justice. But I shall try ;) And with that I start with saying that if you're looking for a good drama, a cheesy love story, and juicy characters that will stay with you long after the story ends... well you've got it right here. Loved how Emma struggled persistently to reach her goal without ever giving up, because if I had been in her place I would have run away a long time ago with no care for anything else in the world. And then there's the relationship between Emma and Sara, now THAT's what I call real friendship.  Then there's the perfect harmony Rebecca created for this piece to go alone with, man it was such a beautiful one. The way it goes from the cute peaceful and romantic times to the horrible and heartbreaking tear-jerking experiences back and forth definitely created a nicely woven rhythm that would keep you sitting on the edge of your chair the whole way along until the very end where you simply... stop "Breathing".

This was definitely a book I would recommend to everyone who would love an unforgettable story that will stay with you long after the book ends. Now, to the next book before I stop breathing. That end is KILLING me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment