Thursday, September 5, 2013

Review of If I Should Die by Amy Plum


Blurb:
I will not lose another person I love. I will not let history repeat itself.

Vincent waited lifetimes to find me, but in an instant our future together was shattered. He was betrayed by someone we both called a friend, and I lost him. Now our enemy is determined to rule over France’s immortals, and willing to wage a war to get what they want.

It shouldn’t be possible, none of it should be, but this is my reality. I know Vincent is somewhere out there, I know he’s not completely gone, and I will do anything to save him.

After what we’ve already fought to achieve, a life without Vincent is unimaginable. He once swore to avoid dying—to go against his nature and forsake sacrificing himself for others—so that we could be together. How can I not risk everything to bring my love back to me?


My review:  
5 of 5 stars false
God!! I can't freaking believe this is it!! I won't get to see my sweet Vincent anymore 
:( But anyway, aside from that, this book was simply the perfect conclusion to this amazing awesome series.

After the devastating cliffhanger of Until I Die, I guess we were all just DYING or some of us got even to the point of considering If we Should Die. And I'm no exception. But I had been kinda afraid about it too, that Amy may ruin it, and that the conclusion may not live up to the other books in the series, that it will have a horrible ending. 


You can't blame me after that cliffhanger of course. But I am happy to say that, in fact, no she did not screw it up. On the very contrary, IT WAS THE BEST ONE YET. What I loved most was Kate, man you can feel how she grew up and developed so clearly from the first book. She had bravely embraced her destiny, wiling to do anything to protect her loved ones no matter what. 

Though what, just a liiitle bit, upset me in this book was that there wasn't much of a clear ending for my beloved Jules. It just felt like there wasn't much closure for him. And I know I'm going waaaaaay out of my league here but I'm still hoping the generous lovable sweet awesome Amy Plum (I can do this all day, just plz do it Amy) will write more about him. Say like a spin-off series or something like that. Well, we can all have our dreams right? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment