Thursday, September 5, 2013

Review of Hidden by Sophie Jordan

Blurb:
Jacinda was supposed to bond with Cassian, the "prince" of their pride. But she resisted long before she fell in love with Will—a human and, worse, a hunter. When she ran away with Will, it ended in disaster, with Cassian's sister, Miram, captured. Weighed down by guilt, Jacinda knows she must rescue her to set things right. Yet to do so she will have to venture deep into the heart of enemy territory.

The only way Jacinda can reach Miram is by posing as a prisoner herself, though once she assumes that disguise, things quickly spiral out of her control. As she learns more about her captors, she realizes that even if Will and Cassian can carry out their part of the plan, there's no guarantee they'll all make it out alive. But what Jacinda never could have foreseen is that escaping would be only the beginning....

Loyalties are tested and sacrifices made in the explosive conclusion to Sophie Jordan's Firelight trilogy.


My review:  
5 of 5 stars false 
Parting ways with this beautiful amazing series was such a hard thing for me. But as in life, everything must come to an end. But there's no way I'll say goodbye to the sizzling Firelight series before telling you about how terrific it was, and in this review I'll especially discuss the last book that marked the end to Jacinda and the crew's long adventure, Hidden.

First of all, I salute Sophie Jordan for this remarkable piece of work and precisely for this new and refreshing plot with its marvelous Draki creatures, descendents of dragons. And as it now, we rarely get to see a book dealing with dragons, always overshadowed by the prospect of vamps and weres (Twilight's work I guess). Then there's the romance element, loved every prospect of it!!! Truly a love story you would die to be part of. The way Jacinda and Will's love could not be disrupted neither by distance, time or either species. And really, I doubt there ever could be someone like Will. I still can't believe half the things he did for her. But all that doesn't mean I neglect Cassian's role in this. On the very opposite, I think he's even more perfect and drool-worthy. Because even though there was no real chance for him to ever have his feelings returned by Jacinda, he was still there for her to the very end and every step of the way.

Another thing that made this series more memorable to me is the way it nicely wrapped up. Because honestly, while I was reading Hidden I had more near heart attacks than I can count fearing that it will end the same way Nightshade series ended. Yes, as you can tell, that series has left me truly traumatized and paranoid for life. All I could think about is "Please Sophie pleaaaaase don't kill Cassian. It's gonna be the lamest thing on earth". And thankfully, that didn't happen. He didn't get the girl but at least he's still living and on his way to live his life.

And with that, I finally say goodbye (with tears streaming down my cheeks). Hoping from the bottom of my heart that Sophie will have another beautiful series as cool (or as cool as it could be) as Firelight series. So if you guys haven't read Hidden or haven't even started the series, then you better go grab the book now 'cause you have no idea what you're missing on ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment