Saturday, September 1, 2012

Review of The Iron Legends by Julie Kagawa


Blurb:
Enter the world of the internationally bestselling Iron Fey series. Dangerous faeries. Heartbreaking romance. Thrilling action and limitless adventure. The world of the fey has never been so powerful. This collection includes three novellas set in the world of the Iron Fey plus the Guide to the Iron Fey with exclusive information about Julie Kagawa's unforgettable world of Faery.

Winter's Passage

Never make a promise to a faery. They always come to collect. Now Meghan Chase must fulfill her promise to Prince Ash of the Winter Court and embark upon a dangerous journey into the heart of enemy territory—while being pursued by a relentless new foe and guarding her own foolish heart.

Summer's Crossing

What can turn enemies into reluctant allies? A call from the Exile Queen, Leanansidhe, ties legendary prankster Puck to his archenemy, Prince Ash, on a journey that may end in betrayal and will set them both on an irreversible path.

Iron's Prophecy

Before she ever knew what she might become, Iron Queen Meghan Chase was warned by the oracle that her firstborn child would bring nothing but grief. And even as Meghan and Ash celebrate their long-awaited union, the prophecy stirs.…

Three Iron Fey novellas for the first time in print!




My review:  
5 of 5 stars false




The Iron Legends was such a brilliant idea, let me tell you. It's the first printed edition containing all of the three novellas: Winter's Passage, Summer's Crossing and Iron's Prophecy in addition to a Survival Guide to the Nevernever.

Rereading the 1st two novellas sure brought up good memories. Witnessing Ash and Meghan's love first blossoming through Winter's Passage was truly nostalgic. Can't believe how much they grew up and changed and developed in character. It's like seeing your babies growing up, though I would prefer referring to Ash as my lover instead XD But what to do? Lucky Meghan already stole him from us. Then there comes Summer's Crossing, the beginning of the epic journey to acquire a soul for the soulless, banished but never forgotten ice prince Ash with the help of The Great Prankster Puck. And man, I can't believe I was dumb enough to fall YET AGAIN for Puck's prank when he fools us into thinking that he'll give us his real name :P


And now to the main reason I got The Iron Legends, which is the 3rd novella Iron's Prophecy. I hadn't realized how much I missed the Iron Fey's gang until I read this novella. Loved how we got to see what became of our heroes after the end of The Iron Knight. It was good to see that my dear Ash hasn't lost all of his icy charm, and that Puck is as mischievous as ever, and that Meghan still cries even after becoming The Iron Queen, though I gotta admit she's become one hell of a queen. But god!! The events of this novella sure made me freak out some more and start screaming at the top of my lungs demanding The Lost Prince now! Honestly I don't think I'll be able to survive the wait for it to come out especially after the teaser at the end but I shall do my best trying so.


Now last but not least, the survival guide to the Nevernever. Well to keep it short, it was quite the funniest thing and surely enlightening too.


If you guys are fans of The Iron Fey series, this book is a must-get, must-read. If you're not then what the hell are you waiting for? Get you butt off, and grab the first book!! Because believe me, this is a journey that you'll never regret embarking.

No comments:

Post a Comment