Saturday, January 5, 2013

Review of Barely Breathing by Rebecca Donovan


Blurb:
Emma’s struggle with an abusive home life came to a heart pounding conclusion in the final chapters of Reason to Breathe. Now everyone in Weslyn knows Emma’s secret, but Carol can’t hurt Emma anymore. Some are still haunted by the horror of that night, and some must face the repercussions of their choices. Fans of Rebecca Donovan’s debut novel will discover there’s still much to learn about Emma’s life.

My review:  
5 of 5 stars false

Well, when I learned that there was a 2nd book after Reason To Breath, the first thing that came to my mind was: "Seriously Rebecca??? Milking the goat much? What would you write about? Emma's and Evan's happily ever after?”. But Now, I totally take it back. If it's even possible, Barely Breathing is even more awesome and splendid.

In this book, we get to see how Emma's life becomes after coming back from the land of dead. And how her mother's showing back up in her life would affect it, in addition to other new characters. But still, some things never change. Like her continuous struggle to make it through her bumpy life, Evan's constant love and support, and Sara's ultimate devotion and spontaneity (You'll get the meaning in the book!! ;) ). Enjoyed every piece of this book, from the drama to the epic romance and the funniest scenes. And well, I have something to confess now. I'M FREAKING OBSSESSED WITH EVAN. Seriously, could there be any one dreamier and perfect and adorable and loyal ........................*the list goes on forever*........................... as Evan??? I think not. And the new thing in Barely Breathing that made me like it even more was the occasional horror element. Because believe me, her nightmares literally gave me nightmares myself. Especially with Rebecca's amazing writing skills. You never even realize that it's a dream until long after you get scared out of our mind XD

And man, was I devastated when I got to the end. I had been reading the book thinking that it was the last one in the series. And while I was waiting for the Happily Ever After to unfold, I was struck with the biggest surprise of my life: There was the deadliest cliffhanger waiting for me at the end and apparently there's still a 3rd and final book in the series. And as much as I don't want to say goodbye to Evan and Emma, I have no idea how I'm supposed to last until Out Of Breath comes out!!! :( Please be out soon <3




No comments:

Post a Comment