Sunday, January 27, 2013

Review of Opal by Jennifer L.Armentrout



Blurb:
No one is like Daemon Black.

When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn’t fooling around. Doubting him isn’t something I’ll do again, and now that we’ve made it through the rough patches, well... There’s a lot of spontaneous combustion going on.

But even he can’t protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.

After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.

Together we’re stronger... and they know it.

My review:  
5 of 5 stars false

As usual, Jennifer L.Armentrout never disappoints. Opal like its precedents before it, was as equally amazing. And man, did I miss Daemon a lot. It was a definitely good decision to make Opal the first book to start this year.

Loved so much the fact that we got to see Dawson again, if not like how he was in the novella Shadows, but at least he was back. And man, Dee's behavior was truly annoying and frustrating but on the good side I kinda started liking, ooooooooooooh wait for it wait for it, ASH AND ANDREW. Yes!! I know!! Freaky, but that's the way things got. I especially like Andrew now, and as terrifying a concept it might seem, I actually ship him now with Dee. And now, back to the main reason why we all read the series ;) Daemon, god could there ever be someone more charming than Daemon? I think not. Katy is sooo freaking lucky. I had already been head-over-heels for him, but after getting more acquainted to his romantic and sweet side in Opal. Let's just say my inner fangirl is in a desperate need of an asylum :P

Although this book was a little bit slow for me, but then again I didn't read it straight because of damn college, but at the last part it gets pretty cool and more exciting and will definitely keep you on the edge of your seat. And of course as expected of Jennifer, we get left with a horrible horrible cliffhanger. I think I can even say, it's her worst one EVER. So now here I am, dying to get the next book and see how this will all wrap up.

P.S: On a side note, I have to say that that cover is insanely HOOOOOOOOOOOT. Man, these Lux covers will be the end of me, I'm sure. And god, I wish we could have Pepe and Sztella could actually act in the movie, if there ever was one ~fingers crossed~ because there is absolutely no one better than them to be Daemon and Katy <3

No comments:

Post a Comment