Thursday, September 5, 2013

Review of Avow by Chelsea Fine

Blurb:
Scarlet remembers. Everything. Her past lives, Tristan, Gabriel, Nate: she remembers it all--including how to get to the Fountain of Youth. But time is running out. 

Heather and Gabriel have been kidnapped by Raven, while the curse that has plagued Scarlet and Tristan for centuries has shifted, putting the star-crossed lovers in more danger than ever before. Water from the Fountain of Youth is the only thing that can save Scarlet and her loved ones. But the water comes at a price.

With lives--and hearts--at stake, Scarlet leads her friends on a dangerous journey to the Fountain of Youth. Where eternal life is possible, but death is certain.



My review:  
5 of 5 stars false 

First of all, let me say. NOW ISN'T THAT AN AWESOME COVER WITH A VERY KISK-ASS HEROINE!!! 

Now this was such a veeeeeeeeeery good series indeed!! I highly recommend it to everyone looking for an interesting read with a hot tortured-soul hero and such an epic love story. 

What truly drew me in from this series, was the feeling that I was reading 2 books at a time. Because with flashbacks, we get to know more of what happened "BEFORE". And to be honest, I loved that storyline even more than the present one. It was just soooooo ... Ok, I'm speechless here because frankly speaking no words can describe how awesome it was.

And to add to it, the conclusion to this epic series was such a satisfying one although I managed to shed a few tears (ok, lots to be honest). And albeit the ending being kind of expected, the twists and turns and the shocking surprises will leave you perched on the edge of your chair just wanting more and more of it.

Truly I am absolutely aghast that this series doesn't have much hype going around for it, because truthfully speaking, I think it doesn't lack anything to make it among the bestsellers we all love. Keep up the great work Chelsea. I look forward to reading more of your books.

No comments:

Post a Comment